Goodwill Halloween Costume Contest - Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana, Inc. Announces Its
2013 Ultimate DIY Halloween Costume Contest
October 1st - October 29th
Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana, Inc. is holding its first annual Ultimate DIY Halloween Costume Contest. As a favorite haunt for people who love to dress up for Halloween, Goodwill has what you need to create your very own costume. Whether scary, funny, or warm and fuzzy, our Goodwill stores are treasure troves for the Do-It-Yourself Costume Creator.
Contestants must purchase at least 75% of their costume materials in Goodwill Stores (receipts will be checked). Just email us a picture of your costume (and the receipt) between October 7th and October 18th, and Goodwill employees will choose the top ten best costumes. Then go to Goodwill's website between October 21st and 28th, to vote for your favorite costume. The top 3 entries receiving the most votes will win first, second and third place prizes. Winners will be announced on October 29th.
So, get those creative juices flowing and go searching our Goodwill Stores for just the right spooky stuff needed to make those costumes!
See below for Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Who Can Enter:
- Contestants must be legal residents of one of the 26
parishes that Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana operates in.
- Employees and Board Members of Goodwill Industries of North
Louisiana ("Sponsor”), and the immediate family members of those employees
How You’ll Enter:
- Show off your best Halloween Costume project! Purchase
an item from Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana, and use it to create
a different Halloween costume (photos only, no videos please).
Eligible photos must be submitted between October 7 – October 18, 2013.
- Email costume submission photos to email@example.com. Included in your submission must be your name,
address, phone number and e-mail address. Failure to include all of the
information will result in disqualification from the contest.
Rules & Guidelines:
- One entry per person. If you submit multiple entries,
Goodwill reserves the right to pick which of your entries will move on for
- A single photo should be submitted as a .jpeg or .png
file to ensure successful upload.
- Photos, and costumes created, need to remain tasteful;
anything deemed otherwise may not be eligible for voting. Goodwill
Industries reserves the right not to allow a photo through if, in its sole
discretion, is deemed inappropriate.
- 75% of the contestant's "costume” must be from any of
our participating Goodwill Store & Donation Centers.
- Top 10 contestants must be able to provide proof of
purchase from Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana.
- The winner will be selected by judges appointed for the
purpose by Goodwill Industries. Their decision is final.
- Goodwill Industries reserves the right not to select a
winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Sponsors are not responsible for error, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft
or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry
materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic,
computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate
transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner or other contest
information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsors are
also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or
any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or
downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are
late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of
Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO
DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF
THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT
BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Voting will run October 21 – October 28, 2013.
- The voting tab will become active on October 21.
- To vote for a photo, you’ll select the photo for which
you choose to cast a vote.
- Each person may only cast their vote once per entry,
per day, per IP Address. This means that if you are voting in an office
setting, under the same IP Address, you will only be able to vote on a
specific item one time during that day. Because of this, voting from home
is highly recommended.
- The top 3 entries with the most votes will be
determined on October 29, 2013. Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana
will award a first, second and third place prize. Goodwill reserves the
right to pull additional entries as finalists, regardless of online votes,
if they see fit.
- The winner will be announced on the Goodwill Industries
of North Louisiana Facebook page,. Twitter page and website on October 29.
- First Place prize - a $250 Goodwill gift card, a $100 Chili's Restaurant Gift Certificate card and a $50 Home Depot gift card.
- Second Place prize - $100 Goodwill gift card, a $50 Chili's Restaurant Gift Certificate and a $25 Home Depot gift card.
- Third Place prize - $50 Goodwill gift card, a $25
Chili's gift card and a $10 Home Depot gift card.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations
and is void where prohibited. The Sponsors accept no responsibility or
liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind
caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any
prize awarded hereunder.