Just drop off your items at any of our retail stores or our Attended Donation Express Centers in North Louisiana. To find the donation center nearest you, click here. You’ll receive a receipt for your donations, which can help you at tax time if you itemize, and you’ll be helping people in our area overcome barriers to employment.

We sort, price and sell your donations in our stores. Ultimately, we turn your donations into good jobs, good homes, and good neighborhoods.

Goodwill is local and it’s linked to a great cause. When you donate to Goodwill, you help us help others right here in North Louisiana. Over 91 percent of all revenue raised by Goodwill from the sale of donated goods supports job-training and rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment right here in this area. The other 9 percent meets administrative costs.

Our goal is to try to generate money to fund Goodwill programs from every item that is donated. As for items that can’t be sold in our stores, we’ve found other creative uses for them. For example, some Goodwills recycle old clothing scraps into industrial wipes (cleaning cloths) for industrial buyers. Other items that are too damaged for retail sales are sold to salvage brokers. Roughly 99 percent of all donated goods are re-sold in some way, shape or form.

No. Nowadays, the cost of repairing items greatly exceeds the price we charge in our stores. In addition, we focus our training programs on vocations that meet current employer demands.

Yes. Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana does accept vehicles as donations.

Goodwill employees and clients screen, sort and prepare the broad selection of quality donated items for sale in our value-oriented Goodwill retail stores. Incoming items are screened by Goodwill personnel against established quality and selection criteria. The generated revenue from the sale of these donations is then invested in our many programs that give the disabled and disadvantaged in our community a hand up.

Yes. Contributions of goods and money made to Goodwill support programs and services provided by Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana in 26 parishes.

We accept new or used clothing, household items, books and small appliances. All items must be in good, workable condition. Other contributions in the forms of cash gifts or bequests are appreciated, as well. For more information, click here.

We sell left over items to salvage merchants who then ship the material to third-world countries. Goodwill provides a valuable recycling service to our community. We receive thousands of donations every year diverting tons of goods away from our landfills.

We are unable to resell certain items and, in some cases, incur excessive costs to dispose of them (ex. open cans of paint). Also, we have neither the specialized equipment, nor the staff expertise required to handle large appliances, building materials, etc.

In certain circumstances we will. For more information, click here.