March 14, 2020
To Our Donors & Customers,
Over the past few weeks, it’s become clear that the world and our community is facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our community and our families safe and healthy.
On behalf of Goodwill Industries of North Louisiana, Inc., I wanted to send a personal note to you to let you know how we are responding to the situation. We are humbled by your loyalty, and we take our responsibility to our customers, our donors, and our employees very seriously.
From the onset of this situation, we have been listening to the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information, and our preparedness plan reflects those inputs. As things evolve, we are actively monitoring the situation and assessing risks, and are ready to implement immediate changes to ensure a high level of safety. We will continue to communicate with you in a timely and transparent way so you can continue to shop with us with confidence.
What We’re Doing:
- We are increasing our cleaning procedures, especially at touch-points at all our Goodwill locations.
- We are working daily to ensure our customers have access to the unique products they want and need. You can also shop at our on-line platform via https://www.shopgoodwill.com/shreveport
- We’re taking sensible steps to help protect our team of associates. This means fewer meetings, limiting travel, and making it easier for our people to take the time they need to care for themselves or their families in the event they are directly affected by COVID-19.
- We are monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the products you need and the best possible experience in-store and online.
- We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our customers, teams, and community.
Our donors and customers are the heart of Goodwill. Your generosity allows us to provide the job training and job placement programs that serve people with barriers to employment. We look forward to welcoming and serving you wherever and however you choose to donate and shop with us.
Please take care of yourselves and each other,
President & CEO